This was the week when the Supreme Court ruled that corporations are not only ‘people but that they’re people with a kind of ‘superior’ Christianity that all too closely represent the Taliban. Lady Liberty lost something dear this past week and our great American forefathers weep from their graves. More pointedly, We The People lost important liberties this week and we lost them because too many good people have stood out past elections – – elections that determined the make-up of this particular court.
My Upchucks are more abbreviated than usual – – not because there are fewer and certainly not because it was an insignificant week, but because I am away ‘celebrating’ the 4th. Watch for the next Upchuck on July 21st and in the meantime, train your eyes and ears on the theocrats that would have our souls and our country. If we let them.
It Can Happen Here
- Up In Your Face Chuck: With no buffer, patients pressed at Planned Parenthood “It’s a massive step backward. You don’t need the Holy Spirit to tell you that”
- Aborti-What-ients Chuck? Plan B and Ella Are Not Abortifacients but still, SCOTUS rules for mythology.
- Spew Matters: Only Abortion Clinic in Western North Carolina Closes
- Doors Of Theocracy Open Wide. Vomit Spurts In Streams: SCOTUS gets Hobby Lobby horribly wrong: Why this isn’t a “limited” ruling. If you think these corporations are going to stop at birth control, you’re kidding yourself.
- Two More, Or Less, Chuck: New Anti-Choice Laws Go Into Effect in North Dakota and Indiana
- Don’t Let Creationism Hit You In The Arse, Ass: Ken Ham Says Secular Schools Are ‘Churches of Atheism’ After Homeschooled Grads Cant Get Jobs.
- Educational Spew-Feed: Children’s Christian ministry called ‘psychologically harmful to children. Next stop Portland, Oregon.
- Sixteenth Upchuck? God Help Us: Could he possibly represent America less?? Little Bobby Jindal Courts Religious Right with His Eye On ’16
- Little Bobby’s Finger On The Red Button? Oy-Chuck: Now it’s clear exactly what Little Bobby Jindal means when he says ‘religious liberty’
- Spew-Heads Take On Cary Nations: Conservative Christian leader David Barton wants to ban women from voting.
- The Men Of SCROTUS: SCOTUS: May Get Hillary Clinton Elected President With Hobby Lobby Ruling
- Rivers Of Spew: Ben Carson Says That Legal Abortion Is Human Sacrifice
- Little Bobby’s Revolutionary Barf: Bobby Jindal: I sense a rebellion brewing. People are ready for a hostile takeover of Washington to preserve the American Dream for our children & grandchildren
- Cruz-ing Puke: Ted Cruz is knowingly lying about bill to ‘repeal’ the First Amendment yet he’ll still run in GOP primary.
Fifty Shades Of Lies And Hypocrisy
- Aren’t Vasectomies Abortifacients (There’s That Word Again.) Vomit: 5 sexual health services insurance does cover… for men
If Media Is The Message
- Porker Purge: Rush Limbaugh (Women) “wouldn’t have the problem if they didn’t do a certain thing. It’s that simple.”
Same Sex Issues
- Spew Fit For A Theoracy: Gay Couples May Soon Have to Choose Between Getting Married and Not Getting Fired
Sausage Makers And Their Sausage
- State Hate: Mike Lee (R-UT) Agrees With Scrotal Decision Because Women Use Birth Control ‘Largely For Recreational Behavior’
- That’s Just This Week Chuck: While You Were Paying Attention To Hobby Lobby, Five States Made It Harder To Get An Abortion
- Pip Pip, Puke Puke: UK Jehovah’s Witness elder guilty of sex abuse: Charity watchdog launches investigation
- Repression Caused Hurl: Same old song: Anti-Gay Rights Catholic Bishop Accused of Same-Sex ‘Misconduct’
- Family Values Funder Frows Up: Hobby Lobby Funded Disgraced Fundie Christian Leader Accused of Harassing(and more) Dozens of Women
- Friday Nightht Schadenfreude Cock-tale: Benny Hinn’s former church heads to foreclosure auction in a story replete with Rolex watches, Las Vegas shopping sprees and a 4,455-square-foot home in Alaqua Lakes, with a $7,000 monthly mortgage paid by Faith World.
- What’s That Smell Chuck? As he did in sermons at Wekiva High last month, Brown suggested in 2005 that the scrutiny was based on persecution: “If they crucified Jesus, they’re going to talk about me.”
Supremes And Lower Courts
- Festering Ka-Ka: With Hobby Lobby behind us, here are four other festering church-state issues
- My Hobby Is Upchuck: Hobby Lobby ruling says that religion can make decisions over science.
- Ruth Retches: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Writes Scathing 19-Page Dissent In Birth Control Case
- The Tao Of Upchuck: Billionaire Builds An Evangelical Christian Empire From Hobby Lobby Fortune
- They Sit On High Those Men Of Upchuck:The Supreme Court Has a Favorite Religion, and That’s a Big Problem
- Astonishing Breadth Chuckie: Closely held corporations make up more than 90% of the businesses in this country. They employ 52% of the labor force.
- Narrow Decision My Bippy! SCOTUS has already expanded Hobby Lobby decision
- Boycott Upchuckables: Eden Foods, a Michigan “natural foods” firm’s Catholic soy milk mogul, Michael Potter, claimed in his lawsuit that “participating in, paying for, training others to engage in, or otherwise supporting contraception, abortion, and abortifacients” offends his “deeply held religious beliefs.” He Won’t Cover Drugs That ‘Prevent Procreation.
- Puk-o, Puk-as, Puk-at, Puk-amas, Puk-atis, Puk-ant: SCOTUS Considering Request to Extend Hobby Lobby Ruling to Nonprofits
- Say Ah Chuck: SCOTUS Blog: Wider impact of Hobby Lobby ruling?
- The Minefield Of Puke: Female justices dissent as Supreme Court lets Christian college opt out of birth control law
- Scrotus’s Sad Sack: SCOTUS: “It’s only women whom corporations are now permitted to discriminate against. “
- Un-be-f- -king-lievable. The Ultimate Upchuck: Only one day after the Hobby Lobby decision, the Court indicated that its ruling applies to for-profit employers who object to ALL forms of birth control included in the Affordable Care Act’s contraceptive mandate, not just the four methods at issue in the two cases decided on Monday.
- Dark Ages Drek: They’re coming for your contraception and that’s not hyperbole.
- God’s Army Of Pukers: 82 Corporations Set To Drop Birth Control Coverage( fyi,#5 iis the company who engraved Scripture on all US rifle sights sent to the Middle East)
- Buh-Bye Chuck: Christian right secession fantasy: Spooky neo-Confederate talk grows louder at the fringes
- They Puke To Kill Chuck: Christian Warriors: Apocalyptic Dreams, American Nightmares
- Green Gag: The Hobby Lobby Greens are multi-million dollar supporters of alleged pedophile Bill Gothard’s ” parody of patriarchalism” and “the basest form of male chauvinism
- Leader of Mississippi College Republicans Resigns to Join Democrats
- Pope Francis has instituted a zero-tolerance crackdown on clergy who abuse children, saying that even high-ranking offenders would be severely and swiftly punished.
- Federal judge destroys Ky.’s ‘bewildering’ claim that gay marriage threatens humanity
- Missouri Governor Vetoes 72-Hour Abortion Waiting Period: ‘This Is Insulting To Women’
- Boom! KY Baptist church schedules first gay wedding only hours after ban ends!